Black Acorn Dogs

Monday, January 30, 2006

Bleeech.

Still recovering today from some sort of bug that hit me Friday night.
Friday night: nausea and chills to the tune of sweatpants + sweatshirt + robe + double-thick slipper socks + wool hat + scarf + two blankets + fireplace = still cold.
Saturday: no more chills, but still very buggy.
Sunday: no longer feeling "sick" but can't move so much as walking across the room without having spasmic coughing.
Today: Same, plus incredibly sore ribs/diaphragm from the coughing. Good times.

At least it hit on the weekend.

Miss Ebony has lain down with me two or three times over the course of it, one of which was right on top of me. Not quite a Sky or Willow "reassuring presence" as much as a half-my-body-mass "crushing", but awfully sweet all the same. Ebby usually lays at my feet (often ON my feet) and will sometimes lay next to me on the couch, but she doesn't usually snuggle up when I'm lying down.

(I guess for this to make more sense, I should note that the dogs don't get to sleep in the bedroom with us since that's where the ferrets are, so she only gets the chance to lay down with me when I'm on the couch. We often sleep downstairs with the dogs on the weekends.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home