Black Acorn Dogs

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Portland, Ho!

Writing this from Oregon (just like you asked, Dad! And on Amy's new laptop, too)!

I lucked out bigtime on my flight out to Portland. It was long but uneventful, but I had the fortune to have all three seats to myself on *both* legs of my flight. (Actually, a man in the row behind me came in sat in the aisle seat on the first, but I still had two seats... good enough for me). This was extra nice because it dawned on around hour 8 that I probably could have made it to Europe in the same amount of time.

What we've seen of Portland so far is very pretty, even after 23 consecutive days of rain. It's very green. Amy and Dillon's house and neighborhood is very cute, and we've been having a good time playing with Bogie (the Bulldog). I have some cute video of him playing that I'll try to post later.

So far Amy and Mom and I have already covered politics, religion, homelessness, spaying/neutering pets, goverment drug polichy, pain management programs, global weather patterns, and exactly what kind of crazy person to act like if you're ever being attacked in a dark alley (complete with Exorcist-like demonstrations).

1 Comments:

  • Good deal! Hope the rain holds off for you guys a little bit while you're there.
    Don't forget to get the camera out and document your journey. ;)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home