Black Acorn Dogs

Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas Eve Eve

I had a nice time with the dogs today on my day off. I finished up my remaining Christmas stuff this morning, and then took Indie on my last couple errands. It was gorgeous sunny weather and I didn't even need a jacket.

Indie came with me to return some things at the vet, and then we sat outside in the plaza for a while to watch people walk by. Then we went to the woods for a brisk hike. We ran into two men with two dogs in the woods, and the smaller of the two dogs, a little grey mop dog, chased Indie! He barked at her quite a lot, but she came tearing up and barking in is face, and actually cowed him somewhat. Just goes to show size doesn't matter!

After that, Ebony and I went out to the bike trail for an hour. I threw in a bunch of heeling and fronts after realizing a week or two ago that Rally Obedience title notwithstanding, those behaviors aren't at all proofed. I've got private obedience lesson set up for a week from Monday to work on the fact that her heeling and fronts seemed to have completely fallen apart, but I've been trying to get a head start on fixing them by retraining as though for the first time. So far so good, but it's slow going. Other than that, I was wondering how Ebby would do on the bike trail after developing a bike phobia last year. Traffic was low but the beautiful weather still brought out many bikers, and Eb was very comfortable and did great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home