Black Acorn Dogs

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I'm watching usability testing today, which is fun. It's basically what you've seen on TV before, where a person asks questions about a product in a bright room with a big ol' mirror, and behind that mirror are people like me hanging out in a dark room and watching. It's extremely useful for getting information on how people view a product. Reading summaries isn't nearly as helpful as getting to see people's firsthand reactions to whatever it is you've created.

The only bad thing about today is that the dark room has tons of candy and junk food and snacks stashed inside. I think I've consumed enough calories for 3 days. The worst are the Cadbury Mini-Eggs. I love those darn things.

2 Comments:

  • Aww... brings back memories of the first focus group where we watched people talk about what they do online from behind a 1 way mirror.

    All the users talked about using the service for airline reservations, encyclopedia and news.

    Afterward we talked to them informally in the parking lots and they all admitted they spent 98% of their online time in chat rooms. That matched up with our tracking data.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:38 PM  

  • Love the focus group stuff! People know they are being watched, and don't provide true responces. We found that the smaller the group, the more truthful the results.

    As a small business person, I cannot afford those high priced surveys. I do it myself, and have to be careful that my own enthusiasm and sales ability don't affect which items I bring in.

    Anyway, good to hear the dogs are doing well. Don't drop in here enough!

    Take care....

    By Blogger STAG, at 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home