Black Acorn Dogs

Friday, March 24, 2006

The Van Story

On airplane to NY again, so you get a blog entry. Ha ha. (Actually, now I'm on the shuttle bus from Teterboro Airport in NJ into Manhattan, but let's not be picky.)

The story behind the van is that I can't fit more than one dog crate in either of our current vehicles. Both dogs can fit in either vehicle crateless, and that's fine for trips to the woods and that sort of thing, but it doesn't work for training classes where I have both dogs and need to have them take turns. Once warm weather hits (which won't be long!) they can only be left in a vehicle if I can leave doors and windows open, hence the crate requirement. The van will also make it more practical to take trips with the dogs, say back and forth to NY, and the plan is to have enough room to be able to sleep back there as well. At minimum, I'll probably use it to do overnighters at some of the trials I go to since anything more than 2.5 hours round trip is a little much to do back-to-back on both Saturday and Sunday. So, we'll see how it goes. It's a little scary to be getting rid of the Rav4. It's been a really great little mini-SUV and I'd fully expected to have it 10+ years. It's been nice having so much cargo space but compact car parking. It's also going to be weird stepping down from a new-ish Toyota with bells and whistles to a 10-year old vehicle with... power windows and door locks (doesn't even a low gas light!). I'm excited about it though. I've been looking forward to doing this for a while.

I'm going to try to put up some pictures this weekend. I especially want to try to get one of the Rav4 in front of the van, like one of those illustrations in the science books where they show how a city bus next to an apatasaurus or T-Rex. I'll try to put up a shot of my new haircut too since I know there are a few enquiring minds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home