Black Acorn Dogs

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Happy Earth Day!

I went out this morning to do trail clean-up on our Adopt-a-Trail at claude Moore Park in Sterling. Diane had to work, so I was on my own for our trail. This was a little rougher than I expected, because there was a lot more pruning and sawing than I'd counted on. I was surprised because it hasn't been all that many weeks since we've been out. On top of that, it rained all morning, so when I was done, I really needed a hot shower. On the brighter note, I wasn't chilled or uncomfortable while I was working, and it was quite a pleasant way to recognize Earth Day. Our trail is a pretty half-mile loop right near the Visitor's Center, and has places where it's hardwood, places where it's predominately evergreen, and places where it's open. There is lots of dogwood along the trail, and it's just started to bloom.

Today was the annual "all hands on deck" day where they bring in extra volunteers to do general trash pick-up around the park, but we unfortunately lost a lot of folks to the weather. I'm really sore tonight, but it felt good to get out and do something really physical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home