Black Acorn Dogs

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Day in the Life

I swear, if my life were on TV this week it would be a situation comedy.

Yesterday was flat out miserable, but in little ways that I won't even remember a few weeks from now. The dogs are so wonderful though. I was working from home with them because they're rebuiling our back deck. It was getting near the end of the day, and I lay down across the couch for a minute to try to slow the pounding of my headache and stretch my poor achy back. Both boys came and brought me toys. Indie dropped his ball on my chest and Ben dropped his rope on my stomach. Then they both stood there expectantly, waiting for me to toss or tug. Dogs simply don't get the concept of "bad days", and I think that's what we love about them. Today is a little better, if nothing else just because I'm in better humor and more of a mood to laugh at the pure ridiculousness of it all.

I had to drop the dogs with Melissa this morning because they are (still!) not finished rebuilding the deck, and I couldn't be there this morning. This made a lovely start to the day though, because I dropped them off, and they were so excited to be there that they didn't even care that I was leaving. Rather than forcing me to drag him into the house, Indie dragged ME the house so that he could get to the yard (no external gate, for safety). Ben was just overall excitable. Once outside, Ebby stood at the fence until I got into the car, but neither of the boys even looked back at me, and instead ran off to pee on the big tree and romp with their buddy dogs. As I drove slowly down the driveway, all three of them ran alongside the van for just a moment, but had already run off by the time I reached the end of the fenceline. It warmed my heart to see them having such a good time, and with Ebby and especially Indie, it makes me happier than words can express to witness them being so unconcerned with my departure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home