Black Acorn Dogs

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Rally Obedience Competition

Whoo hoo! Thanks to my dad and Billy, who sent me in the right direction for getting the video off my darn camera (awesome camera, but the software it came with stinks), I have some video of our Rally Obedience trial last weekend. I'm linking rather than embedding it here because, while I may think it's absolutely fascinating, it's probably not the most riveting thing I've posted.

Ebony's Rally Obedience Run

I'm particularly proud of this run because it is our best ever, both in the quality of our work and the actual final score, which was 204. All four of our runs were very nice last weekend, which also made me very happy. My main goal wasn't to have qualifying runs (aka "passing" if you think of these tests in a "pass/fail" sense), but to get and keep Ebby's focus. In our other trials, there have been points where she has gotten stressed out and I've lost her. You can see a shadow of that in the beginning of the video, where she starts paying more attention to what's going on in the next ring, but we got it back on the video as well as consistently for the rest of the weekend. I couldn't have asked for more. It's been two and a half years since Ebony came home with us, but every month that passes leaves me more amazed than the last at how well she's doing and how far she has come. And I'm coming to realize that far from peaking, she's only just begun to show what she can do.

My videographer was a friend of ours from our local Shiloh group. It was a surprise, and a particularly nice one, that she came out to check out the Rally trial and to cheer us on. I won't be surprised to see her girl out there sometime next year!

Trial was at Breakaway Action Dogs in Frederick, MD on October 14 and 15.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home