Black Acorn Dogs

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Rain, Rain, Go Away?

My dogs are the biggest wusses in the state. Like much of the U.S., we have had a long, dry summer. We have hardly had to walk in the rain for several months.

All of sudden, now that it's been rainy all weekend, none of the dogs want to go outside to go to the bathroom. I'll let them out, and they'll all three hover around by the door waiting for me to let them back in. This has been going on since Saturday, every time it has been even drizzling. Three big shepherd dogs, built to range on a farm for hours and miles every day in all sorts of weather, and they won't go out to pee in DRIZZLE.

Good grief.

2 Comments:

  • Some of my favorite dogs were wusses. The current mutt is actually pretty tough, but I miss my wuss mutts very much.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:01 PM  

  • Oh good gods, mine do this too. Allie not so much, and Kerro will at least go out to pee, albeit grudgingly and extremely quickly and then she runs back in and SHAKES at least two or three times immediately even when she's just got the barest little drops of water on her back. Sky? Forget it. I can't even lure her outside with cheese or chicken when it's raining. She stands in the doorway staring at me evilly. The only way she'll come out is if she sees me and the other two heading for the field, which means I have to be all dressed and shoe'd and soaking wet myself in the backyard before she'll come racing out the door. And we have to be at least halfway across the yard before she figures it isn't just a trick to get her to come out, because it usually is.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home