Black Acorn Dogs

Monday, May 22, 2006

Lonely Dog and Road Tripping

Poor Miss Ebony has been having a rough week with the boy gone. She had an accident in the house overnight the first two nights, I think because her stomach was nervy. I don't think she's ever been alone like that before! Even before she came to us and lived in that horrible kennel, at least there were always other dogs around. Poor old girl.

All reports are that Indie and Ben are doing really well. By yesterday, they've been turned out just the two of them with no other dogs as distractions. The house feels really empty, but just a couple more days!

I had a home check to do with Virginia German Shepherd Rescue yesterday in Winchester, so Diane and Ebony and I all trucked out together. The woman I did the home check for asked me to bring Ebby, and she welcomed Ebby into the house while we talked. Ebby wasn't too sure what to think of being in someone else's house, but she did get cookies. Then we spent a lot longer in Winchester than we'd expected (yesterday was supposed to be about house cleaning... oops!). It was fun though, because while Diane went into stores like Wal-mart, I hung out in the van with Ebony, and I read for a bit and napped for a bit, and took Ebony for a little walk in one locatio. In Martin's grocery store, Diane picked up some food from the hot food bar and we had a little picnic in the back of the van. I just love traveling around in that thing. Ebony was a little unsure at what we were doing all day, but it was really good for her to be out and about for non-dog-related stuff. And we had fun too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home