Black Acorn Dogs

Monday, May 15, 2006

Weekend Report

Great Rally trial with Ebony this weekend! Our runs (four of them) weren't as good as I was hoping, but she did really well, and we did qualify for 3 our of 4 of them. That means 3 legs out of 10 required for Novice Championship, and I think points toward the next title which crosses over between 1st and 2nd level (there are 3 total).

I unfortunately left the lights on overnight in the van and the battery was dead in the morning and I had to quickly switch to Diane's 4Runner. I ended up being late to the trial and therefore missed the walk-through where you get to walk the course before the judging starts. That was a little stressful, but we made it through pretty well anyway. Thankfully it was a fairly straightforward course without a lot of odd turns or angles to get between stations. We got through our first run by 9AM so I went back home, got the van going, and drove back to the trial. It was only 45 minutes away in Frederick, MD, so not a big deal. The family of Indie's littermate Saphira all came out to watch the trial and were there for our second run of the afternoon. As I mentioned before, they just started taking Rally-O in the same class as Indie, so it's nice for them to get to see how it works, but it was so nice having them there. It was a little bit like having family with me.

Saturday Diane and I ran some errands together which was surprisingly very fun since we haven't done that in a while (because I don't go... not because she doesn't). We also made it to the used book store and I managed to burn up a 50 credit that we had. Whoo hoo! That'll keep me busy for a while.

Next weekend is the first weekend with NOTHING already scheduled that I've had in... months? I think months. I can't WAIT. I'm so going to clean the house. (Gosh, that just sounds wrong...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home