Black Acorn Dogs

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

... The Bad and The Ugly

It's usually more fun to post The Good, but here's some of the other.

My morning.

Kate sometimes has nasty diarrhea in the middle of the night. She usually barks and wakes us up. We think it's related to chicken, which she isn't supposed to be allergic to, but it stopped when we'd had her off chicken for two weeks and it just returned when we started her back on chicken Sunday night.

Last night apparently we didn't wake up for her. There was a very yucky poo on the carpet outside the bedroom door when she barked for us at 6:30 this morning. 6:30, I should mention, is already earlier than normal for me to get up to let everyone out.

I got up and let everyone out. Came back in the house, realized EBBY had pooped in the house. Okay, fine. Her poop is easy to pick up. Ebby's deal is that sometimes she holds it forever, and then eventually just has to go. We sometimes have to take marathon walks to make sure she goes and try to walk her in specific spots with the right kind of exciting smells to motivate a poop. Again, we're working on this but it could be worse. She does try to leave it by the door and she's never once peed in the house, for example.

Enter the Good Puppy. The potty-trained one. The one who poops and pees on cue. The one who... runs right through Ebony's poo and start stamping paw prints all over the white carpet.

Gah!!!

So now it's 6:30 AM, there's a pile of diarrhea upstairs, Ebby poo in front of me, and a goofy overgrown puppy leaving poo prints everywhere. Deep breath... all is good.

I told Indie to Sit and Stay while I grab a papertowel. He does. GOOOOOD boy. He even held still (mostly) while I clean his paw.

Then I see Ebony EATING her poo (which she never does)

I absolutely lost it. I mean, I just LOST it. I started hollering fit to wake the dead, and I stood near the poop area guarding it and snarling.

I guess it's a sign that my dogs rarely see me like this because they were startled and curious but mostly unphased and were trying to figure out if it was some new game. They'd have been MORE obedient if I'd just sternly said "Mine" while guarding the area. Wild-eyed, crazy Momma was a new one on them, though.

::sigh::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home