Black Acorn Dogs

Friday, January 21, 2005

Individual Nightlies

25 minute training session last night. I finally found a way to rig up the living room so that I isolate the dogs to work with them separately. I have an 8 foot folding table that was in from the garage because I was using it for the holidays, and I can slide that in front of the main living room archway (and slide behind the love seat when I'm not using), and drag Ebby's food bucket into the kitchen/living room doorway to block the other entrance. Then I can let one dog in at a time to work with them.

Indie: worked on Stand, and he's finally getting it. It's taken a few sessions, I think because he's gotten so good at automatic sits and downs. I've been trying not to lure the stand because I already have to do exaggerated hand signals with the other dogs.

Katie: did some work on Hand Touch. She's always hated this for some reason. Also mix of other sits and downs and things.

Ebby: did a mixed bag of Hand Touch, eye contact, left and right spins, and sit- and down- stays. The only new thing was Sit - One Step (Heeling - Sit. I tried to go to two steps but that just confused things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home